I’ve written for the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph, the Kent Messenger, the Huffington Post as a blogger, and a variety of student publications. I graduated from the NCTJ-accredited MA in Multimedia Journalism at the University of Kent in the summer of 2018.
I’ve been employed by MailOnline as a trainee reporter since September 2018 and have been writing for them since February 2019. Between September last year and February this year I was on placement at the Liverpool ECHO and then SWNS news agency in Birmingham.
From November 2015 to June 2016, I was the Editor of The Badger, Sussex University’s student newspaper. Previous to that, I was the paper’s Comment Editor.
Prior to coming university, I interned with and wrote on a freelance basis for GiveMeSport.com, mainly contributing on football and motorsport. You can find my body of work here: www.givemesport.com/harry-howard
I’m a reporter at MailOnline. As part of the graduate scheme which I’m enrolled in, I am set to do stints on a number of desks including Foreign News, Showbiz, Sport, Health and Femail. From February until September, I was working as a Home News reporter.
You can read my body of work here.
I’ve written a number of exclusive stories, including this one which became the leading story on the site.
From the middle of September 2018 to December 21st 2019 I worked as a reporter at the Liverpool ECHO as part of the MailOnline graduate scheme. I enjoyed it enormously and because it was my first job as a journalist, I learnt a lot.
All of my articles can be found here: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/authors/harry-howard/
Some highlights included this very moving story about a mother with terminal cancer who was trying to ensure that her last months with her children were happy ones – Amazing ways mum with incurable cancer is making sure her children remember her
The ECHO was a digital-first publication so I was primarily an online reporter but I did get some bylines in the paper, including a front page story in September.
15 August 2018, page 28 lead, single byline: Universities will try to lure A-Level students who don’t get their grades with ‘Mickey Mouse’ courses like BA body contour fashion, tournament golf and bakery and patisserie technology
26 July 2018, Kent Messenger, page 9 lead, single byline: Criminals turning rural areas into a ‘war zone’
20 June 2018 Sittingbourne News Extra, page 4 lead, single byline: Bedsits could be ‘very poor quality’ chief planner warns
- Tibor Fischer is right – my generation of university students are a bunch of snowflakes
- Right wing student at Sussex? Your professors think you’re a problem that needs ‘dealing with’
- The terms ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ Brexit are meaningless – We either leave or we don’t
- Young People: Democracy Is Only Fair When We Get the Result We Want
- It’s the Young Who Will Suffer in Our Surveillance Society
- In Defence of Peter Tatchell
- I’m Ashamed to Be a Part of This Generation of Free Speech Deniers
- Happy Jurors Make a Good Jury
- Where Is the Labour Party’s Emerging Talent?
- The House of Lords Should Remain Unelected
- The ‘Blairite’ Badge Is Now an Unwanted Label and It Shouldn’t Be
- Interview – Peter Hitchens: Tories would guillotine the Queen in Trafalgar Square for power
- Boris Johnson is living in the past